Easter, What Is It All About?  

Posted by Jay Chua

Well a couple of people had asked me this question and I've told them... Well, since many of you don't know, I shall tell you all the true meaning of Easter. Its not a day off for you in school or work or whatever... It has its significance.. Without Easter, there would be no Christianity... 


Easter is also known as "Good Friday". Why Friday you ask? Approximately 2000 years ago, Jesus Christ died on the cross for our sins on a Friday. Why did He died for our sins? This is because it is all part of God's plan. In John 3:16 it says : For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. That eternal life there does not refer to our bodies becoming immortal.. It is our souls. Once we die, our souls leave the body to be judged. Judged to enter Heaven or Hell. This thing called sin has corrupted the world and so God sent Jesus Christ, His only Son to Earth.

It is by his death, sin is defeated. This is because he ROSE again on the third day, which is a Sunday.. Sunday is also known as the Sabbath. This had been proven when there was an empty tomb found. Jesus suffered so much because He loved us... He was crucified because of our sins.. But now He had RISEN and coming again!! Amen!!

By his blood we are cleansed and by his stripes (whip by the Roman soldiers) we are healed... Every strike or blow He take and the crown of thorns... Every suffering He went through was all for us... If we believe in Him, our names will be written in The Book Of Life and every single sin we commited will be cleansed, clean like a blank sheet of paper... If we repent and follow His way, a place in Heaven will surely be secured.

So it is up to you to believe it or not..  Now, you have nothing to lose my friends. I am sharing this with you all because THIS IS THE TRUTH. If you feel a voice calling you while you are reading this, do tell me, I will pray for you. 

Oh, Lord I have done my part. I am not ashamed of YOU and I will keep sharing YOUR WORDS with my fellow friends. I will not fail you Lord, because I don't want YOU to be ashamed of me.. Listen to my prayer and lead my dear friends to YOU... All this I pray in Jesus' name, Amen!

GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND! =D

This entry was posted on 9:32 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments